Sunday, January 10, 2010

Work hard and Play Fair

Jan 09, 2010
It doesn't feel as if it's a weekend. There's just so many stuff to do. It's hard working in week days and it's even harder to work in weekends. I still managed to rope in a movie today after travelling from Pennsylvania and doing a fair bit of work.
3 Idiots
I saw Aal izz Well with subtitles. It's an above average movie, which tries to make to fun of the stereotypes and it ends up being exactly like that. A Stereotype. Instead of looking for a message, just look at it like a wholesome entertainment and prepare to be bored with a lot of cliched situations and you have 3 Idiots. I don't want to be too harsh, as I had laughed out loud a few times. But not knowing Hindi and having to rely on subtitles means I'm at a huge disadvantage to start off with. I think Chetan Bhagat should be have been credited more prominently for his book.
I could draw a few parallels with some of the characters in this movie with myself. My college Professors stopped short of having a bet to remove their mousche's if I get a job, but I do know that they had convincingly told me that I'd never land a job. I didn't piss on my Director's doorsteps, but I was hardly a knight as well. I've had my disciplinary committee hearings. More importantly, I ended up in college doing IT B.E because I didn't know what else to do and not because I wanted to be an Engineer. I firmly believed that the curriculum makes a mugger out of the student and doesn't allow the student to be 'educated'.
But I do believe that a guy who gives up college in the fourth year to proceed with his love of  'Wildlife Photography' in India will most probably end up as a delivery boy in some photo studio. One of the inherent issues about the movie was, all the 3 Idiots ended up being well off. I don't think it's possible today.
Kareena Kapoor is stunning and the director probably changed the birth place of Chatur Ramalingam to Uganda to avoid stereotyping South Indians, although he gave a slight hint by saying he studied in Pondicherry. Come on eh? Have some balls, it's after all your character. Funny thing, the Chatur Ramalingam bloke looks very much like my Account manager, Sanjay Sarma.
Sanjay, if you are reading this, I do believe that you are alike this character, only in appearance lol.
Plan for tomorrow.

Work, Work, Work and Walmart.
Youtube link of the day

I can't wait for Lost Season 6. It all ends here.





No comments: