Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Amazon Widget and it's amazing value

Jan 13, 2010
I've got another follower in my blog, and I welcome Jim, my QA Manager at work to my blog. Hi Jim.
I've mulled this announcement over for quiet sometime, and I think it's time to do it. One of the principal reasons I've started blogging this year is to do something worthwhile and that's not just writing about football or my state of mind which most people don't give a toss about. So I had decided to enable Adsense and Amazon widgets in my blog so that I can get some money out of it.
This is how this works. Google Adsense and Amazon widget functionalities in my blog could potentially generate revenue for me if you click on the ads by the sponsors in this page (Google Ad's) or if you search for a product in the Amazon widget and proceed to Amazon and buy it. For every sell in Amazon, I get a 4% referral fee and every ad you click that is placed by Google, I get 40 cents per click. On every successful sell in Google, I get another referral fee commission. This is what Google and Amazon pay me for driving traffic to sellers. (Don't go overboard with Google Ad's by clicking more than once in this page, as Google has a sound page ranking system and although I might get 40 cents for every click, if you go clicking on this page more than once or twice a day, Google will smell some foul play and suspend my Google Adsense account)
So I only ask my regular readers to click on the ads and buy something from sponsors if you like and if at all you need any shopping done at Amazon, please search from here and proceed to buy it.
Why do I need the money?
 Everybody uses the Dollar-Rupee conversion rate to their own good use. I'm trying to see if this can be a good thing for me. My referral fee is typically 4% and my target for this year is 500 Dollars in terms of Referral fee's. That is roughly 15000 Dollars of sales in Amazon through my blog. When converted to Rupees, this roughly translates to 25,000 Rupees.
 This is serious money in India. I've made some preliminary checks with Orphanages in India and I hear that 5000 to 8000 Rupees will take care of one child's food, shelter and education for an year, depending on the child's age group. I'm planning to adopt 3 to 5 kids for an entire year through this generated money.
 Hey, I'm not doing something great. I like to blog. I blog here. You like to shop. You shop here. We both do what we like and maybe 5 kids in India will say thanks to you when he or she goes to sleep peacefully.
 What I need from you?
 I need you to suggest some Orphanages. Hopefully smaller ones who are not in great demand of money from us. Big ones affiliated to Amnesty Internationals guarantee us that our is money well spent, but they might not actually need it all that bad. From my personal experience, there are a lot of small orphanages locally in India, which do a splendid job in saving the kids on the street. I need some suggestions from you of these deserving orphanages.
 And I need you to remember to use my blog if you decide to shop on Amazon.
Now 'Show me the money'.
Plans for tomorrow
Work and clean the kitchen. It stinks. 
Youtube link of the day
P.S This isn't a US for AFrica venture. It's just a small gesture of thanks to humanity from Stanley and his friends.




3 comments:

Hephzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hephzi said...

Thumbs up!My 2 cents coming ur way :)

Jincy said...

nice thought.. well said.. i am in for this..