Sunday, January 3, 2010

The first disappointment of the Year.

Jan 03, 2010.

I was hoping that the weekend would pass off peacefully and the disappointments and frustrations will start from Monday at Office. Alas, it was not to be. Waking up at 8 in the morning and looking forward to a much hyped up match and All it took was one insipid performance from Man Utd. You'd think that playing Leeds United, with all their venomous chanting and violent history would inspire the players to produce a fighting performance, if not a result.

But what followed was terrible. We never got started with the match. We did not create a lot of clear cut chances and we were generally outplayed by a side assembled at half the price of Vidic. Poor team selection, players underperforming on the day made sure that the first match of the year would end up in a huge disappointment. Thank you Man Utd. Turn off the game and watch the last game of the Giants this season, and they get absolutely murdered by Brett Favre and Vikings. Thank you Giants.

The Holiday Spirit

Since all my positive energy had been already drained away, I could not conjure up enough gaity to cook fish. In fact, we didn't cook anything fresh today and just put up with what we already have. I had already postponed enough work to last for a lifetime and I had done absolutely nothing over the weekend, and which I'm sure is going to come back and bite me in the arse.

I can see the holiday spirit ebbing away from me. There is no more wanton recklessness in postponing work, laundry and cooking. Life is again returning to a preset order and we are slipping back into the machine world of work, office, food, work and sleep. I'm not going to bitch about how tight my work is, as I'm getting stuffed in the wallet with dollars. But I'd like to do something refreshing for a while, stuff that I actually like at work.

Here I am, watching Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King in TV, reading Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Rings in the computer, and keep baulking at the work in my pending queue. How long does it generally take for the Holiday spirit to wear away? While I was a child, I used to remember the month of January being filled with holidays andthe new year charm remaining almost till the end of the month. With local festivals like Pongal, we used to be in a mellow mood, enjoying and minding our own business.

February usually means the year has finally dawned on us in right earnest. I wish I could take that break now and worry about things in February, rather sweating about deadlines on January 5th.

Lord, have mercy on us.

Plans for tomorrow

Office, Work, Lunch, Work, Travel Home, Work, Dinner, More Work, Sleep a little.
Find time for blogging and keep doing it.

Youtube link of the day

Watch in Youtube.

I hate remixes. But this is well done. Genius stuff.

P.S I love Gulab Jamuns.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Stan, dont tell me i didnt visit ur blong . :-)

Unknown said...

Good to know ur predictions Stanley...well i guess...it was pretty much accurate...