Saturday, January 9, 2010

A new life

Jan 09, 2010

I didn't blog on Jan 08. That's a first for this year. But this is for yesterday. A long overdue visit to Pennsylvania to see some good old friends yesterday. Although I'd have loved to spend some more time with them, I had to come back to NJ to take care of left over business from the week.

It's amazing how a child can bring joy to a household. Babies are all about new life, new hope and joy. You know before hand that you are going to see a new one and you are going to be happy, but every time you see one, it never ceases to amaze me how brilliant the baby made me feel. This is the first time I've met Young Akhil Pillai, and he's a bouncing balloon.

I had originally planned to drive back in the night, and I had to change my plans coz Akhil dude was sleeping when I reached Penn. I'm glad I stayed the night and saw him in the morning. He's a model in the making. I'll put up some pictures very soon and he was such a joy to behold. He gave me so much joy first thing in the morning, and he never cried on seeing a stranger. Some babies are so whiny, but this one is a cool rocking dude.

Wish you well, Mr. Akhil pillai. Also extended wishes to Anbu and Savitha, and congratulations on the bundle of joy.

On the way back, I took the long winding US 202 Local Road back to NJ, and I was amazed at how good the US roads are. The number of sign posts on the road side to keep you on track is akin to the promise of Abraham's descendents on this earth. It was a real pleasure driving lonely in the morning on a long and winding country road, listening to old music from my Ipod. Thanks Jincy, for the Ipod touch.


Plans for tomorrow/today (Jan 09, 2010)

Work. Eat More Dosai. Work. Work. Work.


Youtube link of the day

I heard this song while driving today morning, and I can't believe how much I liked it before and now. Don't leave me now.



2 comments:

Vin said...

NJ-Penn drives always make me nostalgic.

Anonymous said...

Lol, 202 scares the shit out of me.