Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Second day of the year.

Jan 2nd, 2010.

The second day of the year has been the most crucial for me (us) in many ways. In the recent past, most of my resolutions have been broken on the 2nd. I don't know if it's an indication that I set very hard resolutions or I'm very poor at self control. Either way, once a resolution is broken, it's just a matter of time when the resolution is moved to recycle bin from Desktop.

This year turned out to be a pretty boring affair. I spent most of the time sleeping. Watching the FA Cup third round and Lord of the Rings - The Twin Towers aside, eating lunch and dinner were the only activities that I took part in. This year, I have been loaded with work and I've also done some work on the side. Pretty uneventful day, Liverpool drew with Reading, the 20th placed Championship side with most of their stars playing. Can't wait for Man Utd vs Leeds tomorrow morning, it's been 5 years since we played them Yorkshire baddies.

I need a blazer, if anybody wants to present stuff to me, you've been notified. I'm also waiting for the 'God of War' and ]Fifa 10' games for PS3 to arrive. I also saw a film called 'Broken Bridges'. Pretty ordinary film about a country singer and his troubles by Toby Keith. Give it a miss.

I miss my folks back home, and I wish I can meet them pretty soon.

Predictions for tomorrow.

With the amount of work yet to be completed, I'm expecting a very hectic tomorrow. I'm disappointed too, that my first blog didn't get a single comment. I think I should advertise my blog so that people actually read this trash. I wish Man Utd beat Leeds Utd black and blue.

I have plans to cook fish tomorrow. If I do, I'll have the recipes put up here.

Youtube link of the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c7x2JD_j-0

I've long admired Freddie Mercury's voice as one of the best ever. When some singer does a Queen cover, it hardly ever lives up to the hype. But George Michael has done a commendable job, with a very difficult song to boot.

P.S I've kept my resolution, and in a way, this 2nd day of the year hasn't been that bad.

3 comments:

Muba said...

Brother count me in!!! comment for the day.. ;)

Now dat u actually got someone reading this blog.. probably u cud pen down the scores of the matches u watch...

AND ur way of advertising did work out.. :)

Unknown said...

You screwed us over, beech. Your luck ruined it for us :|

I had to face the torture of S.A. and am not gonna forgive you for anything less than lending that PS3 :P for sometime :D

Justina Stephen said...

Waiting for the Fish Curry Receipe..lol..Btw Nice blog and I would wish you to explicate the content of About Me!:)
Have a blessed Year!