Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Extremely satisfying Peccadilloes

Jan 05, 2010

Vicky, Cristina and Barcelona.

There's something contagious about the rebellious feeling. It's such an adrenalin rush to break a rule and be rebellious about it. We all have to live with the after effects, but for a while, it felt that I'm the king of the world.

After another tiring day at office, with a bundle of leftover work, I came home stressed at 7.30 PM. I was contemplating on missing the Indoor football match that I had to play in, to compensate for the work. But then, my rebellious Siamese twin Stan the man, won the argument defeating the Stanley BePolite and not only did I play in the football match, but I also came home, unwrapped the NetFlix DVD and enjoyed Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

I ignored the offshore calls till I could enjoy and appreciate the movie, put my work on hold and lived the three hours for myself. I ran as much as I could in the football match, and I relaxed and enjoyed the movie as much as I can. I had played with a freedom, as if I've run away from the issues at work. I laughed more than I actually would have in the movie, and I was being appreciative of little things that I would have missed.

I'm sure that I'll have to face the music tomorrow at work for missing a deadline, but what gives? I'm ready to face it as long as I have this urge to take the time and live for myself. I'm quite proud of my escapades and I'll forever love these extremely satisfying Peccadilloes. They are like a hidden water stream on a mountain hike. Sudden, refreshing and heartening.

I love the joys of life. However stressful it might be, I refuse to be pessimistic and I'll look for these joys.

Plan for tomorrow.

Go to Subzi Mandi, Get Rice, Eat lunch in Taco bell. Do the pending work double time, because of my discretion with adrenalin.

Youtube link of the day

Watch in Youtube
When I was a kid, My Mom used to sing this song to me. Every day. She used to sing in Tamil.

"Karthavai nalla bakthiyaale
Eppothum nambum neethiman
Etheengilayem avarale
Anbaai kaapatra paduvan
Unnathama kartharai
Sarnthorukuavar kanmalai"

P.S The Indoor football match ended 1-1.


No comments: